Position: Seeking Fundraiser to assist with peer to peer fundraising and event activities
Date posted: January 19, 2018
Reports to: Director of Special Events
Position Summary: Seeking a fundraiser to work closely with the Director of Special Events to secure corporate and individual sponsorship for The Hope Affair as well as assisting with all logistics and volunteers for The Hope Affair. In addition, he/she will work to assist in all logistics, as needed, for at least three Northeast Region events (New York Golf Tournament, New York Pairings and the Boston Pairings event). Finally, this position will work closely with the Director of Special Events and the Director of Community Engagement to promote, recruit, manage, support and retain new and returning peer to peer 3rd party fundraisers across the country.
Salary: High $60k's to Low $70's depending upon experience
Location: Rockville, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hope Affair:
• Serve as support in the planning and execution of The Hope Affair, in collaboration with Director:
o Attend all internal and external meetings related to The Hope Affair with AKF staff and vendors
o Along with the Director of Special Events, oversee the coordination of the AKF event taskforce, vendors, event-day volunteers, and event day execution
o Assist with tracking event budget and ensuring accurate invoicing and accounting throughout the event planning and execution process.
o Assist with proposals for support of the event, including research on potential sponsor, preparation of sponsorship letters and follow-up.
o Responsible for sponsor fulfillment of benefits prior to event (collecting ads, guest names, sending invoices as needed)
o Coordinate travel logistics for honorees
o In coordination with Director of Special Events and Director of Marketing, assist on all event collateral, website content and other program elements within established deadlines.
o Responsible for management of AKF staff volunteers on site the day of the event
o Maintain positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with attendees, honorees, staff and volunteers during event execution
• Maximize fundraising efforts by building relationships with fundraisers and corporate/strategic partners including on-going and regular communication via phone, email and site visits
o Focus will be on corporate teams and schools
• Provide both proactive and reactive personal fundraising guidance and support to participants, including face-to-face coaching, online support, motivation and guidance to all fundraisers
• Oversee all fundraising campaigns carried out through Facebook
• Make public presentations to educate audiences and recruit participants and key strategic partners
• Become an expert in managing data and online fundraising pages in the online peer to peer platform, Classy,org
• Provide fundraiser support in customizing and utilizing online fundraising pages
• Assist with the management of third party fundraising events, including assisting with logistics as appropriate, managing fundraising plans and attending events as needed
• Ensure post peer to peer fundraising and individual fundraising event follow-up occurs, including thank you letters with surveys, tracking of responses, integration of feedback, retention of fundraisers and overall acknowledgement and stewardship of fundraisers and donors
• Support the Northeast Region with logistics for their current three events (including attending the events):
o New York Golf Tournament
o New York Pairings
o Boston Pairings
• Logistics to include: support with catering, such as finalizing guarantee numbers, room set up, and ensuring final billing is received and paid.
• Assisting with sponsor fulfillment as needed, such as gathering names for seating, confirming foursome names for golf tournament, confirming sponsor logos and contacting sponsors for ads.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Must have a minimum of two to three (2-3) years of demonstrated experience and success in event management and income generation, including high-profile, large scale fundraising galas/dinners/events. Must have a demonstrated experience working with caterers, production, A/V vendors, etc. Must also have experience in peer to peer fundraising, both in recruitment and coaching of fundraisers.
Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Strong project management abilities including decision-making and critical judgment skills and an innate sense of pace and urgency. Ability to anticipate, plan, prioritize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism, integrity and diplomacy. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including a positive disposition, ability to work in a collaborative, team environment, while proactively pursuing individual portfolio. Ability to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity. Interest in or experience in the health and patient-sector environment preferred. Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) as well as fundraising database software (Raisers Edge, Convio, or similar software). Ability to work some weekends and evenings as required. Some travel required. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration to email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for a position with the American Kidney Fund, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please. No phone calls please