Position: Communications & Marketing Manager
Date posted: May 24, 2017
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Position Summary: The Communications and Marketing Manager will serve an important role in promoting the American Kidney Fund (AKF) and its programs. The Manager will bring proficiency in communications and marketing to ensure that AKF can grow its brand recognition, increase lead generation and engagement and promote our programs and events. With the Director of Marketing, the Communications and Marketing Manager will co-develop and execute marketing campaigns and generate effective messaging across print and digital platforms.
Salary: Mid to High $50K's depending upon experience
Location: Rockville, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Assist the Director of Marketing with the development and execution of a robust communications and marketing strategy to ensure high-impact print and digital communications.
· Ensure consistency in organizational voice, aesthetics, and brand standards across multiple channels.
· Craft strong and engaging copy for projects including but not limited to: landing pages, emails, banners, marketing collateral, print, social media and newsletters.
· Coordinate the production of all AKF’s print newsletters – manage the process with the designer, printer, mailhouse and relevant in-house teams.
· Develop compelling custom content for AKF’s blog Kidney Today.
· Coordinate and execute the marketing strategy for large-scale health screening events. Work with internal team members and vendors to coordinate the production and delivery of all event collateral.
· Support email marketing efforts by working with the digital team to develop organizational email distribution schedule and content strategy. Support content creation, email design and distribution.
· Provide back-up to media relations activities in the department, as needed. Assist with gathering and compiling background information needed for media outreach. Draft press materials as needed.
· In conjunction with the marketing and education teams, create, adapt, improve and optimize web communication for SEO and organic and keyword search.
· Coordinate marketing support materials for AKF events and initiatives.
· Coordinate the appearance of all print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
· Act as a backup for design needs for all requests made to the marketing department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
3 years relevant experience in a similar role in the nonprofit field. College degree preferred. Experience with Blackbaud’s Luminate software and services a plus. Proficiency required in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite preferred. Successful candidate will possess excellent oral and written communications skills and will have a proven ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and produce outstanding results in a fast-paced nonprofit environment with limited resources. Successful candidate will have a collegial, collaborative approach to interactions with colleagues and will be comfortable working with colleagues at all levels of the organization. Must be well-organized with strong attention to detail; a proactive problem solver; able to work independently and within a team framework; and able to receive constructive feedback. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration to email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for a position with the American Kidney Fund, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please. No phone calls please