Position: Director of Patient Services
Date posted: October 16, 2017
Reports to: Senior Director of Patient Services
Position Summary: The Director of Patient Services is responsible for developing and overseeing a fully trained team to screen and oversee timely and appropriate processing of applications for patients requesting grants from American Kidney Fund’s financial assistance programs. The team must process applications and determine eligibility in an effective and efficient manner consistent with AKF established guidelines, and communicate with all patients and other stakeholders in a manner that is both professional, informed and compassionate. The Director is also responsible for assisting in developing strategic solutions to existing and prospective patient assistance programs.
Salary: Low to mid $90K's depending upon experience
Location: Rockville, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Oversee the day-to-day operational implementation for financial assistance program operations and special initiatives.
• Assist in the development of strategy for long term evaluation and program growth, factoring in patient needs, AKF resources and outside funding opportunities.
• Assist Senior Director of Patient Services with developing and implementing protocol, procedures, materials, record-keeping, communications and reporting for all new and existing financial assistance and product programs.
• Ensure that the patient services department remains in strict compliance with all AKF as well as federal and regulatory guidance and that all staff are educated and trained on an ongoing basis on new procedures and policies as well as at least annually on standard procedures and policies.
• Directly supervise the Patient Services Managers; monitor teams’ workflow to ensure timely and efficient grant processing; maintain timelines and establish program priorities and evaluate opportunities for program expansion and process improvements
• Establish and monitor accountabilities and performance goals within the Patient Services department using a variety of coaching, counseling, training and development of leadership skills. Consistently work toward building a cohesive team with focused interactions.
• Monitor call center operations to ensure timeliness, efficiency, and excellent customer service satisfaction.
• Routinely evaluate and recommend ways to improve and streamline existing financial assistance programs.
• Assist Senior Director of Patient Services with developing and monitoring internal controls for grant delivery.
• Ensure records of financial assistance disbursements and related program activity are appropriately maintained.
• Identify enhancements for grants management system and assist IT vendor in testing and update releases. Prepare related program announcements for website and public.
• Coordinate routine communications with social workers, patients, vendors and internal/ external stakeholders.
• With the Senior Director, oversee communications with patients and renal partners, including the semiannual HIPP summit and all related materials.
• With Senior Director, prepare and manage budgets for Patient Services under this division.
• Provide regular statistical reports for internal use.
• Assist in the development and facilitation of monthly department meetings/trainings.
• Serve as a member of the American Kidney Fund’s Leadership Team.
• Perform additional related duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 4-6 years of progressive experience in managing teams and overseeing patient assistance programs with demonstrated success.
• 3-4 years of supervisory experience required. Call center experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, human services or health-related field required. Graduate degree preferred.
• Understanding of U.S. health care system preferred
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Experience in ensuring programs are in compliance with company policy and applicable laws, especially HIPAA.
• Leadership and strategic qualities to develop and manage employees and to direct day-to-day activities and operations.
• Experience supervising, coaching and building an effective team.
• Must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of customer relations and be able to interpret complex information and communicate to senior management and various types of external stakeholders.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
• Demonstrated experience using technology to deliver programs and services.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Must be well organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to prioritize and handle a number of projects simultaneously and complete work in a timely manner.
• Able to work effectively within a team framework as well as independently.
• Ability to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity.
• Budget and data management experience.
• Project management and evaluation experience.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration to email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for a position with the American Kidney Fund, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please. No phone calls please