Position: Bilingual Health Initiatives Assistant
Date posted: September 15, 2016
Reports to: Associate Director of Health Initiatives
Position Summary: Primary responsibility for program implementation of outreach and kidney disease prevention activities across the nation and locally in the Washington, DC area. The activities that are part of this effort currently provide education, screening and follow-up services for those at risk for kidney disease, and help increase awareness of the risks of kidney disease for the general public, especially those at high risk for the disease. The Health Initiatives Assistant will work closely with the Associate Director to plan, implement, and evaluate educational and screening activities.
Salary: High $30K's to Low $40K's
Location: Rockville, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Email resume to: email@example.com
- Provides logistical support for all planned activities, including small and large scale health screenings events, exhibits, health fairs, and educational programs.
- Assists Associate Director with event coordination, including securing venues, contracting with vendors, shipping supplies and educational materials, arranging travel, and set up of materials and exhibits.
- Coordinates volunteers to assist with event implementation, collects and manages registration materials and volunteer files, schedules orientation, and manages volunteer database.
- Assists with participant recruitment activities, assuring events are well-attended by target community.
- Assists Associate Director in identifying and cultivating relationships with local, regional, and national partners to increase impact of planned educational and screening activities.
- Delivers educational presentations to constituents, partners, and the general public to increase awareness about the American Kidney Fund and the educational and prevention services available to the community.
- Assists in the collection and analysis of evaluation data captured during events. Develops reports summarizing the impact of the events.
- Assists Associate Director in conducting participant follow-up activities including mailing participant letters, telephone contact, and survey administration.
- Identifies, develops, and maintains participant referral information that can be distributed at events.
- Conducts data entry of participant screening information into a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and follows documented quality control processes to ensure accurate data entry.
- Assists with the development of internal and external reports.
- Proactively provides recommendations for event improvement
- Requires 25% local and over-night travel and ability to work evening and week-end hours
- Assists with related program activities and performs additional related duties as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in health outreach promotion, participant recruitment, program delivery services, and project management. College degree preferred, preference in a health-related field, including public health, health education, or community health. Excellent interpersonal, communication, including public speaking skills. Spanish (oral and written communication) skills required. Proven ability to deliver effective presentations. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel. PowerPoint and Outlook; must be able to perform mail merges. Must be well organized, with strong attention to detail, and able to work independently and within a team framework. Ability to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity. Exemplary customer service skills. Ability to interact with and deliver health messages to a wide variety of constituents. Ability to prioritize and handle a number of projects simultaneously and complete work in a timely manner. Considerable evening and week-end work often required (flex time provided for this work). Driver’s license required. Must have own reliable transportation. Ability to lift 30 pounds for portable display and supporting material to various locations. Position is located in the AKF National Office in Rockville, MD.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for a position with the American Kidney Fund, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please. No phone calls please