Position: Individual Giving Manager
Date posted: May 24, 2017
Reports to: Director of Individual Giving
Position Summary: The Individual Giving Manager will plan and manage all aspects of a comprehensive fundraising program for individuals targeting donors and prospects giving or capable of giving up to $999 to the American Kidney Fund. Working closely with the Director of Individual Giving, the manager will also be part of the team managing individual campaign solicitations, workplace giving and specialty giving programs. This position will require access to highly confidential information.
Salary: High $50K's to Low $60K's depending upon experience
Location: Rockville, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The manager will work with the Director of Individual Giving to:
• Maintain and grow mid-level donors up to $999 and identify new prospects to grow this key base of support.
• Manage all annual appeal campaigns including but not limited to paper mail, e-appeals and online solicitation programs to communicate the importance of annual giving and increase participation and engagement at all levels.
• Conduct prospect research to identify individuals and family foundations and maintain a pipeline of prospects for major giving.
• Assist with grant applications, pulling standard operational information and materials, and overseeing submission and tracking of grant proposals including deadlines for submission, follow up and reporting guidelines.
• As necessary, assist Director of Individual Giving with the scheduling and coordinating of face-to-face donor meetings.
• Maintain records of dates, data, themes, and samples of all fundraising appeal communications.
• Coordinate with Director of Individual Giving and the Office of Communications and Marketing and the Office of Patient Services and Kidney Disease Education ensuring Development has the most up to date information, messaging and statistics to complete compelling grant proposals.
• Revise solicitation letters/ messages for each appeal as needed.
• Create and prepare data segments and serves as the project manager including, timeline and budget management, as well as any other administrative functions deemed necessary for all individual giving fundraising appeals.
• Increase AKF participation in the Combined Federal Campaign and other Workplace giving programs.
o Complete combined Federal Campaign applications for national, state and local giving campaigns as they become available.
o Represent AKF at local charity fairs on behalf of AKF and coordinate staff participation to distribute materials and engage with potential CFC donors.
o Work with the Director of Individual Giving and Office of Communication and Marketing to implement strategy to increase awareness of AKF among federal employees, including social media, e-mail campaigns, direct mail acknowledgements and advertising.
• Increase participation in and awareness of AKF Specialty Giving Programs
o Work with the Director of Individual Giving and Office of Communications and Marketing to implement strategy to increase awareness of specialty programs, including social media, e-mail campaigns and online promotions.
o Monthly tracking and reporting on payments and pledges received from partners.
• Engages with Quality of Work of Environment guidelines and initiatives, particularly by demonstrating adaptability and pursuing effective and constructive communications, cooperation, interpersonal relationships, and teamwork.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must have a minimum of three – five (3-5) years of relevant development experience, preferably including individual giving, CFC campaigns, donor research, constituent segmentation, annual appeals, and analysis
• Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously with demonstrated success in project management and program development
• Must be able to anticipate, plan, prioritize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism, integrity and diplomacy
• Have strong interpersonal skills, a positive disposition, strong written and verbal communication skills, be goal-oriented, excellent decision-making and judgment skills, strong project management skills as well an innate sense of pace and urgency
• Self-starter with ability to equally function autonomously and as a member of a team, with a high regard for accountability and outcomes.
• Proficient to in-depth knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) as well as fundraising database e software (Raisers Edge, Convio, or similar software) a plus.
• Must be able to travel locally for Charity Fairs and local meetings up to 10% of the time.
• B.A./B.S. degree preferred
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration to email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for a position with the American Kidney Fund, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please. No phone calls please