Director of Individual Giving
Date Posted: August 2, 2013
Reports To: Vice President, Development and Field Operations
Position Summary: In coordination with the VP of Development and Field Operations, this position plans and implements a national major gifts and planned giving effort at AKF utilizing a moves management system to identify, cultivate, and secure gifts
from individuals of $1,000 or more.
Hiring Salary Range:
Salary commensurate with experience
• Proactively plans and implements individual moves plan for all major gift prospects and contributors.
• Ensures cultivation activities of major contributors including but not limited to major contributor giving society; planned giving society; special communications and events
• Networks through current major contributors, Board members, and highly-engaged volunteers to find new major gift prospects outside established contributor relationships.
• Trains and coordinates major individual gift efforts of regional directors.
• Builds and maintains a portfolio of major contributor relationships.
• Chairs regular prospect management meetings of Development employees and, as appropriate, Leadership Team.
• Maintains current knowledge about charitable giving techniques and can adequately articulate planned giving options to interested individuals.
• Ensures current planned giving contributors are managed and cultivated further.
• Maintain relationships with financial planners and lawyers connected to financial and estate planning.
• Ensures a wealth overlay of current donor records to indentify appropriate major gifts and planned giving prospects. Trains employees in use of wealth overlay software components and in conjunction with Constituent Relations Manager, provides for data integrity and enterprise system to support contributor relationships.
• Travels up to 40% of the time to build relations with contributors in person.
• Advises Executive Team and Board of Trustees on feasibility of restricted giving opportunities, including programmatic plans and capital campaigns.
• Undertakes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. 5 to 7 years of progressive fund-raising experience, including demonstrated success in face-to face fundraising and major gift solicitation, closing gifts of $50,000 or more. Experience in fundraising and cultivation of contributors. Understanding of complex, complicated organization structures. Knowledge of charitable gift planning techniques. Raisers Edge and PG Calc experience a plus. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to prioritize and handle a number of projects simultaneously and complete work in a timely manner. Ability to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity. Some experience in voluntary health preferred. Travel required.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume with salary requirements for consideration.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No unsolicited agency referrals, please.