In the ongoing debate over charitable premium assistance, it is easy to lose sight of the most important aspect: the patient. When AKF is unable to help low-income kidney patients to maintain their insurance coverage, the effect on patients can be devastating.
- American Kidney Fund asks CMS to protect ESRD patients’ rights to insurance choice and charitable assistance
- Insurance justice for kidney failure patients (Huffington Post)
- Press release: American Kidney Fund urges CMS to protect low-income disabled ESRD patients from insurers’ discriminatory efforts to shift them to taxpayer-funded health care
- Charitable assistance: the new ‘pre-existing condition’ (The Hill)
- CMS must protect vulnerable populations in new rules for third-party premium support (Modern Healthcare)