- You must live and receive dialysis treatment for End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) in the U.S. or its territories.
- You must meet the eligibility requirements of the insurance coverage for which premium assistance is being requested.
- You must show that you cannot afford your health coverage. AKF will review your household income, reasonable expenses and liquid assets before granting assistance.
- You must carefully review all forms of health insurance coverage (Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, COBRA, EGHP, and commercial insurance) and available assistance for paying health insurance premiums (Medicaid, state and local assistance, charitable organizations) and select the combination that best serves your specific financial needs and medical condition.
- For more detailed HIPP information and rules please review the HIPP guidelines available on AKF’s Grants Management System (GMS).
Download a PDF of the HIPP Guidelines