About Kidney Action Day
The American Kidney Fund's signature outreach event, Kidney Action Day is held in cities where rates of kidney disease are higher than the national average.
2016 Kidney Action Day locations
More locations to be announced - check back soon!
Kidney Action Day is a free, fun-filled, family-friendly event with a serious purpose: helping people understand their risk for kidney disease and how to prevent it.
Kidney Action Day activities include:
- Free health screenings. Kidney disease often has no symptoms until the late stages. Simple tests can tell you if you are at risk for kidney disease. Tests offered may include blood pressure, blood glucose and kidney function.
- Healthy cooking demos. Good, healthy food doesn’t have to be boring or hard to prepare! Sample delicious healthy food prepared by local chefs. Learn how to make the foods you prepare healthier.
- Fitness demos. Even small changes can make a big difference, and local fitness experts will demonstrate fun ways to help you get fit. Join in Zumba, line dancing, warm-ups and other activities that can be part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Entertainment. Local performers help keep things lively.
- Kidney health education. Have questions about your kidney health? The American Kidney Fund has lots of information that can help you keep your kidneys healthy.
- Contests. Raffles, quizzes, and even hula hoops have been used to give away prizes at Kidney Action Days in the past.
Support Kidney Action Day
Presenting National Sponsor: