Simple Tips to Jumpstart
Your Exercise Routine
Struggling with creating an exercise routine? Even a small amount of physical activity can make a big difference.
These motivational tips may help:
- Set goals and track your workouts in a journal. You’re more likely to stick with your routine this way.
- Exercise with others. Working out with a friend can help you stay motivated.
- Do things you enjoy. Turn up your favorite CD and dance, play a sport, or ride a bike.
- Find ways to exercise at home. You don't need any special equipment! Use soup cans as free weights when watching TV, march in place during commercials, or walk to the TV to change the channel instead of using the remote.
- Reward yourself. Treat yourself to something fun once you meet certain goals.
And the most important tip: Remember the reason for your workout. A weekly exercise routine and healthy diet are essential for improving your health and protecting your kidneys. Not to mention, you’ll live longer, relieve stress and be happier!
We’d love to hear your advice to others who want to begin exercising! Send us your thoughts, and we’ll publish the most inspiring and creative ideas on this page in the coming weeks!