Signs and Symptoms
Most kidney problems have NO SYMPTOMS until they are very far along!
To keep your kidneys healthy, you need to know if you are at risk and get tested.
Some symptoms can include:
- Feeling sick to your stomach
- Feeling tired or dizzy often
- Swelling in your feet, hands, or face
- Back pain
- Bloody or dark-colored urine (click here for more information)
- High blood pressure with no known cause
- A change in how often you urinate (either more or less often)
If you have any of these symptoms, talk to your doctor. Kidney disease can be treated if it is caught early.
For more information, download or order our brochure, "Facts About Kidney Disease".
Updated on 2/11/08