5 Easy Healthy Living Tips
1. Cut it Out! The Salt, That Is. Try using fresh herbs and spices rather than salt when you cook. Reducing your salt intake can help you keep a healthy blood pressure.
2. Eat Right! Make sure your diet is balanced, and eat food low in fat. This can help you keep a healthy weight.
3. Check It Out! See your doctor for regular check-ups, or find free health screenings in your area. Get tested for diabetes and have your blood pressure checked often.
4. Work Out! Exercise for 30 minutes a day, five days a week, to help prevent kidney disease and other conditions. To get started, take the stairs rather than the elevator, park at the far end of your parking lot, walk to work or school, pop in your favorite CD and dance to a few songs, and multitask! Get moving while watching your favorite TV shows.
5. Don’t Smoke! If you smoke, quit today. Chewing sugar-free gum may help reduce the urge to smoke. Talk to your doctor about methods that you can use to quit your habit and improve your health.