Live the Pair Up Promise:
Just Add Water!
One of the best—and easiest—healthy choices you can add is water.
You may not need to drink a full eight glasses of water every day to stay healthy, as once thought, but water is still a better choice than drinks with caffeine like soda, coffee or tea. Avoiding sugary juices and fruit punches is also a good idea, especially if you have diabetes. Drinking plenty of water may also help prevent kidney stones and urinary tract infections.
Some simple ways to add water to your diet include:
- Keep a pitcher of filtered water in your refrigerator. It will be the first thing you see when looking for a cold drink to quench your thirst.
- If you drink soft drinks with your meals, choose a meal—lunch, for example—and only drink water with that meal, each day.
- Add a slice of cucumber, lemon or lime, or a sprig of fresh mint to give your water a little pop of flavor.
- Keep a refillable water bottle at your work station. Not only is it better for you, it will save you money!
- Spruce up sparkling water with a splash of 100% fruit juice for a low-calorie carbonated drink.
Learn more ways to live the Pair Up Promise!