The American Kidney Fund's signature outreach event, Kidney Action Day® is held in cities where rates of kidney disease are higher than the national average.
Kidney Action Day is a free, fun-filled, family-friendly event with a serious purpose: helping people understand their risk for kidney disease and how to prevent it. Don't miss the video below highlighting who attends Kidney Action Day, what occurs at Kidney Action Day, the importance of attending Kidney Action Day, and how you can become involved with the American Kidney Fund.
Houston Kidney Action Day - Sunday, November 4, 2018
About Kidney Action Day
Kidney Action Day activities include:
- Free health screenings. Kidney disease often has no symptoms until the late stages. Simple tests can tell you if you are at risk for kidney disease. Tests offered may include blood pressure, blood glucose and kidney function.
- Healthy cooking demos. Good, healthy food doesn’t have to be boring or hard to prepare! Sample delicious healthy food prepared by local chefs. Learn how to make the foods you prepare healthier.
- Fitness demos. Even small changes can make a big difference, and local fitness experts will demonstrate fun ways to help you get fit. Join in Zumba, line dancing, warm-ups and other activities that can be part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Entertainment. Local performers help keep things lively.
- Kidney health education. Have questions about your kidney health? The American Kidney Fund has lots of information that can help you keep your kidneys healthy.
- Contests. Raffles, quizzes, and even hula hoops have been used to give away prizes at Kidney Action Days in the past.
For general questions about Kidney Action Day, including health screenings, contact:
Melanie Paris at 240.292.7054
If you are a member of the media, contact:
Alice Andors at 240.292.7053
If you have problems with our website, contact:
Myron DeMelo at 301.984.5055