Navigating the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Payment System
The goal of this program is to increase nephrology professionals’ understanding of the ESRD payment system so that they may assist patients with obtaining coverage.
- Describe the advent of the ESRD Medicare program
- Discuss two goals associated with the original ESRD program
- Explain the various payment options for renal replacement therapies
- Discuss the role of the conditions for coverage and how they impact the type of care delivered
- Describe the bundling method of Medicare reimbursement and its potential impact on care
- Recall the role and services provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the ESRD Networks, and the State Departments of Health
This course is primarily designed for nephrology social workers (2 contact hours)
National Association of Social Workers (NASW): 2.00
Course opens: Tue, Jul 10 2012
Course expires: Mon, Jul 01 2013
Register for the course here
Contact Ruth Martinez.