Perspectives on Adherence
The goal of this course is to increase renal professionals’ understanding of adherence issues and strategies to improve patient adherence.
After completing the online course, participants will be able to:
- Define adherence and health behavior.
- List at least four factors that influence health behaviors.
- Describe the characteristics of each of the stages in The Transtheoretical Model.
- Define the professional standard of care that governs our role in adherence.
- Describe the process of care that promotes optimal patient adherence.
- Give examples of strategies the professional interdisciplinary team (IDT) can use to enhance adherence.
- Describe the role of empathy, competence and access in improving patient adherence.
- List and recognize risk factors for non-adherence and how they impact adherence.
- Describe two strategies that you may implement to minimize the impact of poor health literacy on patient adherence.
Nephrology nurses and technicians (2.18 contact hours)
Nephrology social workers (2.0 contact education units)
National Association of Social Workers (NASW): 2.00
Course opens: Wed, Aug 01 2012
Course expires: Thu, Aug 01 2013
Register for the course here
Contact Ruth Martinez.