Weighing the Outcomes: Ethical Issues in Kidney Disease
This course presents a decision-making framework and strategies that healthcare teams may employ in response to daily ethical dilemmas.
After completing the online course, participants will be able to:
- Describe problem-solving techniques to use in ethical decision-making.
- Identify barriers to ethical decision-making.
- Describe best practices in ethical decision-making.
- Define ethics terminology.
- Recognize the role values and ethics plays in their daily practice.
- Describe response to various common ethical dilemmas faced with ESRD patients.
Nephrology nurses and technicians (3 contact hours)
Dietitians (3 CPEUs)
Social Workers (3 contact hours)
National Association of Social Workers (NASW): 3.00
Commission on Dietitic Registration (CDR) : 3.00
Course opens: Wed, Aug 01 2012
Course expires: Thu, Aug 01 2013
Register for the course here
Contact Ruth Martinez.