Position: Associate Director of Integrated Marketing
Date posted: April 30, 2020
Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing
Position Summary: We seek an innovative Associate Director of Integrated Marketing to develop integrated, multi-platform marketing programs that support AKF’s kidney disease education, patient and advocate engagement, fundraising and public health promotion initiatives. The Associate Director of Integrated Marketing must have an understanding of the full range of marketing channels and the ability to combine that with excellent analytic and communication skills. They must possess solid teamwork skills as they will be working with a team of communications and marketing channel leads as well as colleagues from around the organization. A background in nonprofit marketing/ communications is a must. The Associate Director will be a hands-on team member who contributes daily to the marketing team’s development and execution of marketing tactics that support AKF’s overall strategic vision.
Salary: Low to mid 60K's depending upon experience
Location: Rockville, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Email resume to: email@example.com
· Serve as the lead project manager for large-scale, national education and public health promotion campaigns.
· Develop marketing briefs and manage campaign deliverables, directing channel leads and content contributors, creating alignment across all internal stakeholders, managing budget and reporting on program key performance indicators.
· Lead the design, development and maintenance of multi-channel marketing plans that include email, paid, digital and web content, as well as traditional media to support large-scale kidney disease education campaigns, many of which are sponsored by corporate partners.
· Work with the Public Education team to develop high level key messages for campaigns and translate these messages into social media posts, email copy, landing page content and paid digital copy.
· Work directly with marketing channel leads to promote content to AKF key audiences: patients, caregivers, professionals, advocates and those at-risk for kidney disease.
· Develop and execute against project briefs in collaboration with the public education and marketing teams and provide creative direction and strategy on projects.
· Collaboratively work with the Development and Public Education teams to pitch and develop sponsored marketing proposals that support both AKF and our corporate partners’ long-term goals; responsible for helping to drive revenue through this funding stream.
· Participate and lead campaign discovery with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Identify metrics across marketing campaigns to evaluate effectiveness and overall campaign performance; report back to management and external stakeholders; adjust future tactics and campaigns as needed.
· Serve as a key relationship manager for corporate partners by delivering frequent campaign status updates, attending check-in calls and meetings, and providing timely campaign reports.
· Translate campaign performance and marketing assessments into strategic opportunities for innovation and growth.
· Establish and implement repeatable and scalable processes and project management for marketing campaigns.
· Collaborate cross-departmentally to establish and maintain a consistent brand and constituent experiences across all digital platforms.
· Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
· Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget for the digital marketing division. Monitor and control actual performance against the annual budget.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role in the nonprofit field. College degree preferred. Solid background in health communications/marketing and digital marketing. Strong writing skills with the ability to draft content for a variety of platforms. Strong project management skills required. Experience with relevant tools: Google Analytics, Google AdWords, content management systems, customer relations management systems, email management tools, project management software, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube). Strong analytical experience in developing digital marketing metrics. Ability to work effectively across functions and teams. Ability to maintain and protect confidential materials and data. Exceptional attention to detail with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to lift 25 lbs.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for a position with the American Kidney Fund, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please. No phone calls please