Position: Public Education Intern
Date posted: February 21, 2020
Reports to: Associate Director of Public Education
Position Summary: SUMMER 2020 internships available (starting May/June 2020 and ending in August 2020) AKF’s Public Education Department educates kidney patients, their families, and the general public about kidney disease prevention and treatment through various awareness campaigns, print materials, webinars, website content, and community-based programs. The Public Education Intern will strengthen their program planning, research, and writing skills by assisting in the development of educational resources. The internship is an excellent opportunity for students looking to gain hands-on public health experience in a professional, non-profit setting.
Salary: Stipend available, commensurate with experience
Location: Rockville, MD
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the core responsibilities of the Public Education Intern are to:
• Assist with developing and updating content for Kidney Kitchen™, AKF’s new website on kidney-friendly nutrition.
• Help to implement and promote Kidney Health Coach™, AKF’s community health education program on kidney disease prevention.
• Write posts for AKF’s Kidney Today blog about monthly webinar recaps, AKF updates, current events, or other relevant topics.
• Complete research that supports the programs and services of the Public Education Department.
• Support local kidney disease screening events through AKF’s Know Your Kidneys™ program.
• Engage with the public at community presentations on kidney disease prevention.
• Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings, interdepartmental gatherings, and staff-wide events.
The intern will report to the Associate Director of Public Education, who will work closely with them to create individualized internship projects that both serve the needs of the organization and help the intern achieve their personal goals. AKF interns come away with tangible deliverables they can showcase to future employers and strong health education experience to add to their resumes.
Seeking: Graduate students (or highly qualified undergraduate students) studying public health, community health, health education, health promotion, health communication, nutrition, dietetics, nursing, or related disciplines.
There is a time commitment of 36-40 hours per week for this summer internship.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com