We depend on the generosity of the American public to carry out our mission. We continue our longstanding record of spending 97 cents of every donated dollar on programs and services.
- In 2019, we received our 18th consecutive “4-Star” rating from Charity Navigator. AKF ranks among the top 1 percent of charities nationwide out of more than 9,000 reviewed for fiscal accountability. AKF is one of only four charities nationwide to have achieved this distinction.
- In 2018, we were again ranked in Charity Navigator's “Top 10" list of organizations with the most consecutive 4-Star ratings and is the only health nonprofit included in the list.
- We have achieved GuideStar's Platinum Seal of Transparency, the highest level of recognition given to organizations that report metrics important to donors.
- Consumer Reports listed the American Kidney Fund as one of two "high-rated" charities in the Health category.
- Our disaster relief efforts were recognized in Charity Navigator's lists of highly-rated organizations helping those affected by Hurricane Michael.
- AKF continues to maintain its A+ rating from CharityWatch.
- Consumers Digest has named AKF one of the top three health charities in the country for spending efficiency.
- AKF continues to be a sealholder with the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance and meets the National Health Council’s Standards of Excellence.