Applications may be photocopied or downloaded. To apply for the Carolyn Wilson Scholarship, you must submit the following by June 30, 2019:
- A completed application
- Your 2018 federal income tax return, if applicable. Please black-out or remove social security number.
- Your parents’ 2018 federal income tax return, if applicable. Please black-out or remove social security number.
- A copy of your tuition bill ( this may be sent once it’s available from your institution for the fall semester)
- A Statement of Purpose: a 2–3 page essay describing the effect of kidney disease on their lives; and how the proposed education or training program will enhance their ability to initiate, maintain or resume employment and independent living.
- A reference letter from a nephrology professional (doctor, nurse, social worker, dietitian) caring for the applicant with an assessment of the applicant’s ability to maintain compliance with their treatment regimen, while pursuing the educational or vocational program.
Only complete applications will be accepted.
Complete applications can be either sent by mail or by email to:
American Kidney Fund
Attn: Professional Education
11921 Rockville Pike, Ste. 300
Rockville, MD 20852
NOTE: The required reference letter and Statement of Purpose must be included in the email along with the application.
Applications must be postmarked or emailed by June 30, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. An application is not a guarantee of an award.