Each case of aHUS is different. This can make finding the right care difficult. When you have aHUS, you should work with a nephrologist (a kidney doctor), and/or a hematologist (a blood doctor) to monitor your condition. You will need to have regular blood tests to check the health of your kidneys and your platelet and red blood cell counts.

Visit the aHUS Foundation for more information on living well with the disease. Read more about the blood tests recommended for aHUS. Download this tracker to keep track of your own values.