Talk to your doctor about ways to manage your weight.
Some ways to lose weight may be lifestyle changes, such as:
Eat a healthy diet
- Eat a diet rich with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins.
- Avoid processed foods and foods high in sugar and salt.
- Avoid soda and juice, and drink plenty of water.
- Work your way up to exercising at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
- Try doing things that you enjoy. For example, taking walks, biking, dancing or playing a sport.
- Make exercise part of your daily routine. Try laying out your workout clothes the night before if you like to work out in the morning, or bring them to work with you to go straight after work.
- Even small bouts of exercise are good for your health. Walk or bike to work or the store, or take a 30 minute walking break during the day.
- If you are not already exercising, talk to your doctor about what type of exercise is safe to start with.
Surgical options and medicines may also be available to help you manage your weight. Talk to your doctor about a treatment plan for losing weight.