Help when you need it.
- Website: helpwhenyouneedit.org
- Description: Nationwide listings of private and public resources. Search by zip code.
- Assists with: Food pantries, free clinics, and Stores that accept food stamps.
- Website: Auntbertha.com
- Description: Nationwide listings of free or reduced-cost services.
- Assist with: Medical care, Food, Goods, Transportation, financial assistance, legal aid and Advocacy.
- Website: www.rxassist.org/patients
- Description: Free and low costs medicines.
- Website: https://www.needymeds.org
- Description: Financial assistance programs to help with cost of medications.
- Phone: 1-800-503-6897
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Apply for Assistance
- Website: https://www.fema.gov/disaster/3584
- Phone: 800.621.3362
- Website: www.211.org
- Description: Provides resources in your area
Dialysis Providers Emergency Phone Numbers
- DaVita: 800.400.8331
- Fresenius: 800.626.1297
- DCI: 866.424.1990
- ARA: 888.880.6867
- Satellite: 855.396.2212
- US Renal Care: 866.671.8772
HUD Find Shelter Tool
- Website: https://www.hud.gov/findshelter
- Description: The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Find Shelter tool provides information about housing, shelter, health care, and clothing resources in communities across the country.
- Website: https://www.floridadisaster.org/
- Description: Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Website: https://www.feedingflorida.org/
- Description: This website refers applications to all food banks in the state of Florida
- Phone: 855-352-3663
Florida Department of Children and Families.
- Website: https://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/access/
- Description: Information and application assistance in filing for food stamps, temporary cash assistance, Medicaid.
- Phone: 850-300-4323
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
- Website: https://www.floridajobs.org/
- Description: When Disaster Unemployment Assistance is activated, the agency will provide disaster information. This assistance provides weekly benefit payments to those out of work due to the disaster, including self-employed persons, farm and ranch owners, and others not covered under regular unemployment insurance programs.
- Phone: 850-245-7105
Catholic Charities of Central Florida.
- Website: https://cflcc.org/
- Description: Catholic Charities provides referrals to organizations providing emergency food assistance.
- Phone: 888-658-2828 or 407-658-1818
Florida Social Serve Housing Resources Helpline.
- Website: https://www.fema.gov/assistance/individual/disaster-survivors/state-local-referral-lists/florida
- Description: Social serve is a non-profit organization that assist tenants and agencies in finding affordable housing for callers free of charge. Using a toll-free number, callers work with trained, bilingual call center specialists to find affordable housing.
- Phone: 877-428-8844
Florida Public Radio Emergency Network
- Website: https://floridastorms.org/
- Description: provides emergency information and updates
Find a Local American Red Cross Shelter
- Website: https://www.redcross.org/get-help/disaster-relief-and-recovery-services/find-an-open-shelter.html
- Hurricane Ian information•Main Phone Number: 800.733.2767
- Website: https://www.fema.gov/assistance/individual/sheltering-housing-options
- Description: Disaster survivors with damage to their primary residence may be eligible for FEMA Sheltering and Housing Assistance. (Rental Assistance, Transitioning Sheltering Assistance, Home Repair/Replacement, Direct Temporary Housing).
- Phone: 1-800-621-3362
Disaster Relief Grant Program
If you are living with kidney failure in a community that has been struck by a flood, hurricane, tornado, or other disaster, the American Kidney Fund (AKF) may be able to help.
Support kidney patients affected by Hurricane Ian.