When you get involved and support the work of the American Kidney Fund, you help make things happen. Your support ensures that every kidney patient has access to health care, and every person at risk for kidney disease is empowered to prevent it. In 2018, with the support of people like you:
- More than 75,000 low-income dialysis and transplant patients maintained their health insurance coverage.
- With our support, more than 1,000 dialysis patients were able to receive kidney transplants.
- With help from our Safety Net Program, 9,900 dialysis patients were able to pay for transportation to dialysis, nutritional products, emergency assistance and other expenses not covered by health insurance.
- Nearly 1,800 patients affected by natural disasters received emergency grants from our Disaster Relief Program.
- 38 children with kidney disease received grants to attend summer camps specially equipped to meet their medical needs.
KidneyNation is our online fundraising community empowering everyone–patients, loved ones, friends and advocates–to fund the fight against kidney disease. Become a member of KidneyNation today and help fund the fight. Your passion, your creativity and your story can help others in need. Join KidneyNation today.
We rely on donations from people like you to ensure kidney patients have the care they need. See how your donation helps.
Your gift to the American Kidney Fund is more than a donation, it is an investment in others’ lives. Whether you give a one-time gift, a monthly gift, a gift of stock, or even the gift of your used items like your car, you help ensure kidney patients have access to lifesaving care in their fight for survival. Learn more about all the ways to give in support of those in need.
From free health screenings, to fundraising events, to our annual gala, we host events around the country to raise awareness of kidney disease, educate those at risk and raise funds to support our critical work.
With the support of volunteers, advocates and the host of concerned others like you, we fight kidney disease every day. You can get involved and help us deliver programs that educate, build awareness, and drive advocacy, resulting in greater public understanding and ultimately the prevention of kidney disease. Learn about all the ways to get involved and help.
You can purchase with a purpose: supporting patients in need and empowering others to prevent kidney disease. Show your support of the American Kidney Fund by purchasing and displaying AKF-branded merchandise.