Thank you, artists!
The deadline to submit artwork for the 2023 calendar has passed. Thank you to all the amazing artists that sent in your creations!
Stay tuned! We will be announcing the 13 finalists and opening online voting on July 1st.
Put your imagination to work!
Art is more than just drawings! Learn about all of the ways you can create art for the Calendar Kids Art Contest.
Here are a few ways you can get creative and enter the contest:
- Create a drawing or painting
- Write and perform a song
- Choreograph and perform a dance
- Make a short film
- Write a poem or short story
Your art can be about anything – kidneys, strength, empowerment, family, friends, things that make you happy, ways that you cope with kidney disease – the sky is the limit! Be creative!
*We cannot accept artwork submissions that have copyrighted materials (characters, lyrics, sports team logos, etc.
Learn about our 2021 Calendar Kids Art Content winner
Congratulations to Sadallah A., age 12, from Philadelphia, who received the most votes for the 2021 Calendar Kids Art Contest. His artwork, titled "Fishing for a Kidney", is featured as the cover art on the 2022 AKF calendar.
Guidelines & Eligibility
For your artwork to be considered, you must submit a completed application along with a recent, close-up photograph of yourself.
- Drawings and written art must be created on an 8.5 x 11" white sheet of paper with your name and title on the back
- Performances can be submitted online or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not use copyrighted characters, logos, lyrics, or pro sports teams.
Please note that artwork will not be returned.
File format types for upload or linking art
Drawings and written art can be uploaded or emailed as the following formats
Songs, dances, and other performances can be uploaded to YouTube as a private video. Please upload or email the URL link.
Kids and teens who are 18 and younger who:
- Have kidney disease — whether they be in the early stages, on dialysis or have received a transplant
- Live in the United States
*If you have been a finalist in the past, you are not eligible to win again
Frequently asked questions
How is the cover artist chosen?
AKF will choose 13 submissions to appear in the calendar and will have an online voting contest in July. The artwork that receives the most votes will be featured on the cover.
What is the deadline to submit my application and artwork?
We must receive all artwork and completed applications by May 31, 2022.
What is the timeline of this contest?
- Applications open for submission - March 1, 2022
- Deadline for Applications - May 31, 2022
- AKF Voting for 13 Finalists - June 1, 2022
- Finalists Announced & Voting Opens - July 1, 2022
- Last Day to Vote - July 31, 2022
- Cover Artist Announced - August 1, 2022
Contact us if you have more questions or need more information
800.638.8299 ext. 7047
11921 Rockville Pike, Suite 300 Rockville, MD 20852