The American Kidney Fund's vision is a world without kidney disease. Until that day comes, we believe every kidney patient should have access to health care, and every person at risk for kidney disease should be empowered to prevent it. We are meeting the enormous public health challenge that is kidney disease through a broad range of programs and services for patients, caregivers, health care professionals, policy makers and the general public.
We rely on donations from people like you to ensure kidney patients have the care they need. Every time you donate, you are making possible:
- Financial assistance programs for people living with kidney failure.
- Kidney disease early detection thanks to our free kidney health screenings.
- Public education programs that provide valuable information to patients and caregivers about all aspects of kidney disease and its treatment.
- Professional education programs that help health professionals stay apprised of the best practices and the latest information about kidney disease treatment and prevention.
- Research funding for nephrology's brightest scholars who are seeking to improve care for kidney patients and improve patient outcomes.
Your support of the American Kidney Fund saves lives. In 2015, you made it possible for us to help 79,300 dialysis patients maintain health insurance coverage, provide Safety Net Grants to 12,250 people, give kidney health screenings to 9,000 persons at risk and so much more. Many Americans with kidney failure are just not able to afford the healthcare they need to survive. People with chronic kidney disease often face difficult challenges. They turn to the American Kidney Fund as their last hope.
Your generous giving will help us make a difference
for people affected by kidney disease.
We help people fight kidney disease and live healthier lives.