Many workplaces offer opportunities to support your favorite charities. These can include workplace giving campaigns which let you spread out your contribution over the course of the year with simple payroll deductions, or fundraising with your colleagues with events that can range from a “Jeans Day” on a Friday to a golf tournament, and anything in between.
Combined Federal Campaign - CFC #11404
The CFC raises millions of dollars annually for participating charities. If you are a federal, U.S. military or U.S. postal employee, you can direct your charitable gift to the American Kidney Fund by writing #11404 on your campaign pledge form.
Community Health Charities
The American Kidney Fund is a member of the Community Health Charities Federation, the largest workplace giving campaign devoted to health. The Federation raises funds for more than 40 health charities through the CFC and corporate partnerships.
State and local government campaigns
Many state and local governments have annual campaigns through which employees can designate the American Kidney Fund as their charity of choice. Contact the human resources department where you work to find out how you can participate in your employer's charity campaign.
United Way donor options
To contribute through United Way, simply fill in the "donor option" line on your pledge form with:
American Kidney Fund, 11921 Rockville Pike, Suite 300, Rockville, MD 20852
Employer matching gifts
Matching gifts are a simple way to make your contribution to the American Kidney Fund go further. Many companies, large and small, encourage their employees to donate to their favorite charities by matching their contributions. Some companies also match gifts made by retirees or spouses. A matching gift may double or even triple the impact of your contribution to the American Kidney Fund! To find out if your employer has a matching gifts program, follow these simple steps:
- Type your company’s name into the matching gifts search below.
- Click on the name of your company.
- Read the eligibility requirements set by your employer.
- Follow the instructions on how to request a matching gift from your employer.
Even if your company does not show up in the search, you may still have a matching gifts program—contact your HR department to find out.
Fundraising with colleagues brings a sense of pride and accomplishment to your office. With that in mind, we have created KidneyNation; an online fundraising community that empowers everyone—patients, friends and coworkers—to fund the fight against kidney disease. We invite you and your company to join KidneyNation and help us build a community of life savers. Your groups’ fundraising efforts provide life-altering support to dialysis patients and empower others in our country to prevent kidney disease.
Our staff can work with you and the leadership in your company to create a KidneyNation plan that will embrace all levels of your business and provide leadership and team-building opportunities for all employees. Fundraising for AKF can also provide your company with higher visibility in the business community with a reputation as a company that cares. KidneyNation can also be a formal vehicle for increased employee engagement and morale. The money you and your colleagues raise helps give patients a lifeline of care and overcome incredible obstacles in their fight for survival.
Become a corporate member of KidneyNation today and help fund the fight. Your company’s passion, creativity and story can help others in need. Contact a member of our staff and join KidneyNation today!
Corporate giving campaigns
Your company may offer a workplace giving campaign. It is a great way for your company and its employees to make a difference in the lives of kidney patients nationwide.
- Check with your human resources department to learn more about your employer’s corporate giving campaign, and to designate the American Kidney Fund as your charity of choice.
- Double the value of your gift! Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees, retirees and/or employees’ spouses.
- Our staff members are ready and willing to help you raise awareness for kidney disease and the American Kidney Fund within your company through educational materials, employee engagement opportunities and other tools to help engage your colleagues and foster a culture of corporate social responsibility.