Anyone interested in joining in a clinical study should know as much as possible about the study and feel comfortable asking the treatment team questions about the study. If you or your family members have different questions, write them down and ask the treatment team.
Answers to some of your questions may be answered in the informed consent document.
- Why is this clinical trial being done?
- What information are you (the treatment team) trying to get from this study?
- What are the possible risks and side effects from being in the trial?
- What are the possible benefits of treatment?
- How long will I be in the study?
- What happens if I get more sick while I am in the study?
For more examples of questions to ask visit:
Education content made possible by GSK