For support and resources in your community, please visit our FindHelp page. You may also use the search feature below:
Dialysis Providers Emergency Phone Numbers
- DaVita: 800.400.8331
- Fresenius: 800.626.1297
- DCI: 866.424.1990
- ARA: 888.880.6867
- Satellite: 855.396.2212
- US Renal Care: 866.671.8772
- Website: https://www.va.gov/contact-us/
- National Veterans Helpline: 800.507.4571
- Apply for Assistance
- Website: https://www.fema.gov/disaster/current/hurricane-idalia
- Phone: 800.621.3362
- Website: https://www.kcercoalition.com/en/contact-us/
- Phone: 866.901.3773
- Email: KCERinfo@hsag.com
- Fax: 855.232.KCER (855.232.5237)
- Website: https://www.usa.gov/hurricane-idalia
- Description: Learn how you can qualify for disaster help with food, bills, unemployment, tax relief, and more.
- Website: http://helpwhenyouneedit.org
- Description: Nationwide listings of private and public resources. Search by zip code.
- Assists with: Food pantries, free clinics, Stores that accept food stamps.
- Website: www.rxassist.org/patients
- Description: Free and low costs medicines
- Website: https://www.needymeds.org
- Description: Financial assistance programs to help with the cost of medications.
- Phone: 1-800-503-6897
Florida State and Local Level Referrals
- Website: https://www.fema.gov/assistance/individual/disaster-survivors/state-local-referral-lists/florida
- Description: When a disaster occurs, local governments often work together with community leaders and organizations to provide on-the-ground emergency management. This a list of those organizations.
- Find An Open Shelter
- Northern Florida: https://www.redcross.org/local/florida/north-florida.html
- Central Florida Website: https://www.redcross.org/local/florida/central-florida.html
- Southern Florida: https://www.redcross.org/local/florida/south-florida.html
- Website: https://salvationarmyflorida.org/
- Description: Search for local Salvation Army assistance by entering your location
Florida Education Association:
- Website: https://feaweb.org/member-center/hurricane-resources/
- Summary: This link has several different resources specifically for Florida/ places effected by hurricanes/natural disasters.
Hurricane Preparedness Guide (OAG):
- Website: https://www.myfloridalegal.com/sites/default/files/2023-05/2023-hurricane-preparedness-guide-.pdf
- Summary: This PDF has lots of resources for hurricane preparedness for 2023- listing all the storms, and resources for health, food, shelter, financial help, legal assistance, protecting your home/ personal items etc. It also has information about hurricanes in general.
FL Housing Assistance:
- Website: https://www.floridahousingsearch.org/
- Summary: website helps with finding rentals/ housing for displaces residents effected by the hurricane.
- Website: https://www.floridadisaster.org/updates/
- Summary: active updated for the hurricane + resources
- Website: https://www.floridadisaster.org/shelter-status/
- Summary: Active open shelters in FL that are available.
Hurricane Information (visit Fl.org):
- Website: https://www.visitflorida.org/resources/crisis-preparation/hurricane-information/
- Summary: lists different resources for hurricane relief.
Mental Health resources
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Provides crisis counseling, information, and resources - available 24/7
- Phone: 1-800-985-5990 or
- Text: TalkWithUs to 66746
- Online chat: through SAMHSA's website
Support kidney patients affected by Hurricane Idalia
Your MATCHED donation will go 3 TIMES as far to help patients affected by the hurricane purchase kidney-friendly foods, find transportation to dialysis and replace lost or destroyed medications.
Disaster Relief Grant Program
If you are living with kidney failure in a community that has been struck by a flood, hurricane, tornado, or other disaster, the American Kidney Fund (AKF) may be able to help.