- Grants intended for reimbursement of out-of-pocket travel-related and childcare expenses
- Grants up to $2,500/per donor
- One, lifetime grant available per living kidney donor
- Open to living kidney donors who donated on or after 1/1/2023
- Kidney recipient's evaluation and/or surgery took place at a Massachusetts hospital
- Donor incurred out of pocket expenses not covered by insurance
- Applicants must permanently reside in the U.S. or its territories.
- Living donor or recipient financial information is not required or considered when evaluating
applicants for program eligibility.
About the AKF David Atkins Living Donor Assistance Fund
Founded by Matt Glazier and Julia Pepe, the Fund is named after Matt's kidney donor David, who selflessly gave him a second chance at a healthy life in 2021. Its goal is to reduce friction, both financially and educationally for current and potential living kidney donors.
Grant applications will be accepted beginning 12/1/23. Apply for a grant.